Dr. Speroni is a research infrastructure and process expert who uniquely integrates research goals and organizational strategies to advance an evidence-informed practice of nursing, ultimately to improve patient outcomes and the professional practice of nursing, including work environment. She has over 30 years of experience in biomedical research and hospital consultation, including evidence-based practice research in hospitals, university teaching, Institutional Review Boards, contract research organizations and pharmacoeconomics.
Currently Dr. Speroni:
• Serves as a consultant and educator with the American Nurses Association, for hospitals on their Magnet® and Pathway to Excellence® journey; Certificate Holder, Fundamentals of Magnet;
• Is adjunct faculty at Johns Hopkins School of nursing, serving as a Principal Investigator in multi-center, international research;
• Provides research consultation to develop and sustain research programs for Magnet recognition for multiple health care systems and hospital, including University of Maryland Shore Regional Health and Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center; and
• Presents research processes and research findings nationally and internationally, and
• Authors research / healthcare related publications